There are so many fun and different activities for Bermuda visitors to enjoy! Each area of the island represents a culture in and of it’s own as well as a flair and vibe so different even on this small cluster of the island of Bermuda!
When visiting Bermuda, one destination within the destination to visit is certainly The West End formally know as The Royal Naval Dockyard. Getting there is fun, easy in a variation of ways! Hop a moped and create your own island tour, enjoy the relaxing services and local expertise of an official Bermuda tour guide, enjoy a ride on one of Bermuda’s charming and iconic pink buses where you will meet local islanders including the very well behaved school children and not to be forgotten, take in the ocean breezes and sights from the water on the high speed ferry, Sea Express from Hamilton or St George’s to Dockyard! The sights are amazing which ever you choose!
When you arrive at Dockyard there is so much to do and see! Check out these fun and varied suggestions, including some ofLuxury Destination Travel’s tried and true favorites!!
- Freeport Seafood – where the locals dine on amazing fresh fish sandwiches!
- The Frog & Onion Pub – traditional pub style food, pub style setting, have a local brew, a proper english pint in a really cool restaurant in the historic Cooperage.
- The Dockyard Pastry Shop – Stop by for authentic afternoon tea with fresh scones, clotted cream and marmalade. Yummy pastries, sandwiches and even coffee and cappuccino
- Enjoy shopping at The Clocktower Mall and as well the many local crafts people throughout the area!
- Visit Dockyard Glassworks, Bermuda’s own glass blowing factory with actual artists working their glass masterpieces – take home a memory that you watched being made!
- The Bermuda Rum Cake Company – YUM! They have samples!!!!
- The world’s finest mini golf is now on Bermuda! 1 acre of challenging holes that represent the finest golf courses in USA, Scotland and Bermuda!
- The National Museum of Bermuda is a walk through history unparalleled! A must do and see and the views are amazing from the Commissioners House!
- Snorkel Park Beach – where fun meets the sun meets every water activity imaginable!
- Calico Jack’s Floating Bar is the newest addition and oh so much fun! Pure pirate glory, upbeat fun, friendly and colorful staff and an unlimited supply of rum! Who knows you may even see Capt Jack Sparrow there!
- Destiny Water tours – Glass bottom boat tours taken to a whole new level – see the sea life below, the homes of the rich and famous above and at night the stars in the sky!
- Dolphin Quest!!!! Yes you can swim with the dolphins at Dockyard as well! Be sure to make a reservation – the warm and friendly mammals are waiting for you!
These are but a few suggestions but as you can see, The Royal Naval Dockyard is a destination to visit when in Bermuda! Do keep in mind that this is also Bermuda’s cruise port. King’s Wharf is where the cruise ships come in so lots of activity happening there!